Noosa home to the filthiest hostel in Eastern Australia!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
August 1st 2009
Published: August 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Noosa, nowhere to stay, we decided to check into the recommended YHA? Big mistake! The filthiest hostel so far, by far!

After a quick walk round the town to do some shopping, finding little Libby her birthday present we headed back to the hostel for the free wine "meet & greet" in the pool room- this soon turned into beer by the jug and a pool competition. Second place - not bad, but lost to a local who quite obviously is there every Tuesday to win the 2 jug 1st prize!

After some more socializing we headed off to the beach as the hostel bar was closing for the night. After some shhinging (interrupted rudely by the local security guards) and lots more hydration the next thing i know is it's about 5am and i'm sleeping on the beach soaked through from the rain in a sleeping bag. So all in all a good 1st night.

Waking up the next morning, check out, to find somewhere nice! Sandy Court Holiday Units- sounds exotic hey! Just outside main Noosa in Noosaville. Clean, friendly and cheaper than the YHA. Unpacked we headed into the ville to find a much needed fry-up. Sandy court recommended we try Madissons Best food ever!

After breakfast Cliona went off for a surf so Norma, Finnula and myself took a drive round to see the sights - we found Pete and then Dan Murphys the biggest bottle-o i've ever seen. Norma found a bottle of chilli beer and that's where it all starts...Next thing i know the basket is full of 20 different beers including a Wychwood brewery Hobgoblin! A beer tasting evening it is then. After a bite to eat at Madissons we head back to Sandy and get started, a cracking night - but a word of warning chilli beer is nasty shtuff!

bye for now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



5th August 2009

Nice place!
The certainly looks pretty grubby mate! By the way which one is the Pelican?

Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb