a very relaxing stay!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa
March 22nd 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

me and mash!me and mash!me and mash!

isn't she cute! but what kind of a name is mash anyway...
Hi guys! sorry its been like... a week since ive last written. time does just fly by. so we've done a lot in a week. after fraser island and being in hervey bay, we took a greyhound to rainbow beach (because we didnt want to wait for our stupid oz bus... the schedule isnt always the greatest). it was the smallest town we've been in yet in australia (under 1000 people). it was really nice just to sit and relax there... cause there really was nothing going on. our first night there we ran into some kids from winnepeg and we hung out with them for the night. it was nice to talk to some people without accents for the whole night! haha. we went surfing on our second day in rainbow, but the surf there was pretty big and rough for beginner surfers. i didnt stand up on my board, although steve did, and we were completely exhausted from just trying to paddle out far enough to surf. from there we headed on to noosa, where we decided we wanted to try surfing again. so we got everything organized our first day, and then we went surfing agian the next day. this time it was much better! there were only three of us (me and steve and this english girl named phillipa). Our instructor adam took us out for a little over 2 hours and explained everything to us (like how to paddle to catch a wave) and he was soo much more helpful than our last instructor (it also helped that the waves were much calmer and the water was only waist deep). Both me and steve were standing up by the end of our lesson and riding the waves all the way into the shore! it was soo much fun. that night we went for dinner at our hostel, and when i went to order, steve started talking to the guys next to us. it turned out that the 2 guys were from edmonton and actually went to scona! they were in grade 10 when i was in grade 12, and i went to school with one of their older sisters (malcolm slater and kevin thomson were their names in case anyone was wondering). we had a lot of fun talking to them and just talking about things from home without having to explaing everything.

the next day we were off to spend some time with steven's godfather (we call him uncle bill) and his wife rhonda. we've been with them for the past 5 days and its been sooo nice staying in a real bed, being able to sleep in (even despite rhonda trying to wake us up earlier... haha), and having home cooked food! they sure spoiled us. uncle bill also took us to the australia zoo a couple days ago (its steve irwin's zoo) and that was really cool. we saw a crocodile feeding and i got to hold a koala! they are sooo cute! bill and rhonda have just recently moved into a house close to the beach so me and steve went down and hung out there for the afternoon yesterday. its been nice here just hanging out and not doing too much. tommorrow we leave to surfer's paradise so its back to hostels for us. oh well. wow this has been a little long... so thats it for now! later

Advertisement



22nd March 2007

a little insane you go all the way there and end up talking to a meeting peeps from e-town

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb