My Crocodile Hunter


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
May 3rd 2008
Published: May 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys. I have 6mins to type this blog so i hope it ends up alright!

So having written my blog yesterday about my week and arrival in Noosa, i was hit with the sad news of my grandma passing away. Though this has been coming, it was still a bit of a blow, and being alone for the first night in weeks didnt help. However, i got the news from a very good friend who got the normal happy Dom back out within minutes which was cool.

Was up early this morning to catch the courtesy bus to the Australia Zoo, home of Steve Irwin. I say home and not previous home of, because he is still the main part of it all, his videos, pictures, phrases are all over the place, and its like the whole park is a tribute to the man himself. Got in the park about half 9, and headed straight to the feeding of the otters, very cute little animals, followed by going to feed the elephants. I say feed, and not watch feed, as i actually got to give one a banana. It sucked it rght from my hand, very cool indeed! Managed to get a photo, though it could be anyone from behind!

The next stop was the main arena to watch the main show, which showcases all of the "departments" at the zoo, and the best animals from each one. There is also a massive emphasis on conservation and stuff, but i think thats quite cool. And it made me feel better about the entry price, knowing that it wasnt just money for the park, but good causes worldwide. Having watched the show, i then went for a bit of a wander, and took in various animals such as kangaroos, snakes, lizards, birds of various types, before i went to the Koala feeding where i got to stroke one which was pretty cool!

I left th koalas to go and check out the tiger and elephant "enclosures" which were both very cool. The elephants were amazing, and got to see the trainers doing some enrichment work with the tigers which was impressive. However, i did feel that this part of the park was a little to americanised. I.e it looked too much like a theme park for my liking, as i liked the set up of the rest of the park a lot.

Walked back via the snakes, thankfully no hands on stuff at this stage in the day, as i was more than happy staying away from the venomous ones! Though i did see one which was 7m long, very glad to say it was safely behind a good thick layer of glass!!

Left the zoo at four, and on arrival back at Noosa i walked out along to Noosa Head, where the river meets the sea. The sun was already on its way down, so from here i watched it go down completely, the colour of the sky was really cool, and the whole situation was very peaceful. Strolled back along the beach and back to the hostel to enjoy a dinner of noodles and yoghurt, not together obviously! Spoke to mum on the phone, about Grandma and stuff at home, and spoke to Belles, though she had just woken up, sucked for her!! Took a stroll back into town to see what was going on, and enjoyed a milkshake on the beach, before watching Pirates of the caribean back at the hostel.

Apologies for this blog, i wrote it in two halves, a day in between, and have forgotten bits that i was going to put and say, but i hope it still gives a reasonable insight into my day!

Advertisement



5th May 2008

Still reading.....
.....your blogs Dom, they're very good. First Christ Church cricket match this week, I take it you won't be playing?

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0805s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb