Noosa Heads


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
March 31st 2008
Published: March 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We explored Noosa and met other new arrivals in the evening. Neil entered Killer Pool but was unfortunately knocked out! One guy we met from Germany called Alex taught Neil the first few notes of a Nirvana song on the guitar! So he practised all night hehe.

The next day Neil, Alex and I went Kayaking along the river. Neil suggested that a double kayak would be best but no i wanted my own. So as we got to sea and the current and wind was against i soon wished i'd listened! I attached my kayak to Neils so he had to paddle both boats! Oops!! After alot of winging and struggling from me however we made it back! Later in the evening we hired surf boards but the waves were so huge that we did not last too long attempting to surf!!

The next day we went to Noosa heads National Park which had some magnificant views! We saw wild Koalsa in the trees and spent 3 hours walking along the coast and then back through the rainforest.

Back at the hostel we relaxed and played some pool and table tenis before packing our cases to move on the Australia Zoo.

In the morning we boarded the free service to Steve Irwins' Australia Zoo. The video on the way showed us the early days of Steves' life and the build up to the creation of the zoo. We got the opportunity to feed the elephants and kangaroos and watch the famous crocodile show in the croceseum that holds 5000people! We saw aligators, crocodiles, tigers, dingoes, koalas, kangaroos, the deadliest snakes in the world and tasmanian devils.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb