In with the Dingos


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
August 20th 2007
Published: August 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have gone our separate ways for a few days. Eleanor and Rachel to Noosa, Hilary and Russell to Cape Tribulation.
The Noosa trippers have come to do a special tour of Fraser Island, the largest sandbank Island in the world. Having only got to the Halse Lodge YHA at 10pm the night before, we were up again before 6am to catch the huge 4by4 which housed our group of 20 for the day. A large part was travelling there, across the most unspoilt coastline of Rainbow beach. We caught the ferry across to the Island, but had been warned a large storm was on the way for the afternoon. Luckily nothing materialised and we had a perfect day of blue sky weather!
We soon saw the need for the 4by4 as there are no real roads over there. Everything is sand and that means uneven terrain. We were shaken up in our seats the whole day! But the pummelling was worth it to see fresh water Lake McKenzie. The whitest sand and bluest water we have ever seen! Sunbathing there, until Ken our guide had a beautiful BBQ ready for lunch!
Then a walk in the rain forest to see the Scribbly grubs and strangler figs! Eleanor saw a meter long Lizard and we had a Dingo alongside the bus.
Travelling back we at last saw wild Kangaroos, an ambition of this holiday!
A fantastic day and the rain came as we ate tea with a huge storm lasting well into the next day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb