Noosa


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Noosa Heads
March 20th 2007
Published: March 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Iguana
After catching our bus to Noosa we were collected from the bus stop by our hostel. We were actually staying at Sunshine Beach a short distance from Noosa. After checking in we headed to the shops and decided for a change to have rice for dinner, our other primary meal for the past three weeks having been pasta (Chefs we aren't).

We met the others staying in our building which included two Irish girls from Templeogue and a cool Swedish couple (Every hostel in OZ has one). We headed down to check out the bar scene in Sunshine Beach on a Tuesday night. Quiet would be an overstatement so after a quick drink we headed back to the hostel. We ended up playing cards with the Irish girls who turned out to be ultra competitive (Thankfully no cash involved).

The next day we walked into Noosa along a quiet wooded path. It was really hot and we saw a couple of giant iguanas sunning themselves along the path (See Video). After an uphill walk to the national park overlooking the beach with yet more giant lizards we visited the beautiful main beach.

Noosa while a small town is a favourite with rich Sydney and Melbourne folks and celebrities. The local newspaper declared that we had missed Matthew McConaughey at the beach (who has a summerhouse there) by a day. Obviously we were devastated...We walked the main streets of the lovely town and the harbour area before heading back to Sunshine Beach. We also took a look at Sunshine Beach beside the hostel but as we were leaving didn't have time to swim there.

Next Stop Rainbow Beach...



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb