2 Lonie Rangers hit the Blackall Range (part 2)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Nambour
November 12th 2011
Published: November 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi there, glad you could follow through. The blog was too big for one publishing so we have had to break it into two parts,, Read on,,

After lunch we went toward Montville and Kondallila National Park. The Kondallila Falls are a bit of an effort to get to because of the steep walk down the paths, well maybe not to get to, but getting back up was going to test. The paths are well maintained and the many steps have handrails to assist the climber.
Getting to the viewing spot was down a little from the pool and I thought that was enough for the girl today.What you climb down you have to climb back up. It was a warm afternoon and quite humid with the breeze muted by the forest.
The pool at the top of Kondallila Falls is also a mecca for young people to swim and cool off. The young girls lay on the big flat rocks near the pool and sunbathe after a cooling down in the pool. There are several warning signs in English and German describing the risks of jumping or diving into the pool. This has not stopped the young blokes from
Kondallila FallsKondallila FallsKondallila Falls

Just a different view through the trees.
hanging ropes from the trees for swinging out and dropping into the water despite the risk level.
The pool was shaded and Grace couldn’t resist cooling off her feet after the short climb back up from the falls viewing platform. The pool is also quite well shaded from a lot of the sun, creating many shaded spots to relax away from the heat. You can see the smile returning with the feet sitting in the cool water.
I was expecting the trek back up to the carpark to be a big strain on Grace but we got lucky and took a different path. It turned out to be quicker and easier to walk. She did take advantage of several of the resting seats on the way and made it back in better condition than on the way down.

All in all a good day out and although we did stop at Mapleton Falls on the way back to Nambour I did not take any pictures because even though it was probably higher than Kondallila you could not get a clear shot. The viewing platform seemed to be right over the top of the falls and the water fell
after the viewafter the viewafter the view

Before viewing, climb down. After viewing , climb up. Rather simple actually.
away out of sight as soon as it cleared the edge, the landing point at the bottom could not be seen. A bit disappointing really.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The RockpoolThe Rockpool
The Rockpool

This is a beautiful spot for a cool off.
Cooling the feetCooling the feet
Cooling the feet

Col water on hot feet, something to be savoured.
feet cool heavenfeet cool heaven
feet cool heaven

Cool feet on a hot day, just what the doctor ordered.
Rest stopRest stop
Rest stop

Just the ticket these resting seats on the path. Lovely gully, very peaceful.


13th November 2011

good stuff - happy to read & see
David, I have enjoyed your blog about your day trip. Keep them coming as it makes me feel like I am going on the journey with you – better that I read about it or you might find me in the back seat of your car one day and I might be hard to remove! Pauline p.s. your photos are great - o.k. you may not have the skills of your lovely woman but I am going to enjoy seeing your journey through your eyes as well!
16th November 2011

Impressed
With my knowledge of computers, I find this very clever David. Well written and certainly interesting. Well done. Love all the photos. Most of all I love that you are both obviously very content. Happy blogging.

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb