Heading West to NT


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mt Isa
August 19th 2006
Published: August 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for the messages, comments and emails. It is great for us to get some news of what is going on back home and also at school.

We are all well and having a lazy day at Mt Isa. Very warm but the pool at the Van Park is freezing, so the kids are not happy. We are a bit travel fatigued and are looking forward to some National Parks in NT. Life in the camper trailer is pretty good. The kids make cubbies out of the mattresses and have developed fine imaginations without the TV. We can set up and pack up in a much shorter time than when we started out, which is a relief. some minor electrical trouble with the car but no real dramas.

Anyway, since we last wrote, Janine and I both went white water rafting on the Tully - wonderful and exciting. We cruised out of Mission Beach after a week and went to Mossman above Cairns. Did a sugar mill tour there which was very interesting but noisy. Stayed a few days at Wonga Beach - grat pools but no swimming at the beach due to crocs. Speaking of which, we saw a couple on the Daintree river and some beaut Kingfishers and Frogmouths. Did a few walks through the Daintree - so lush and green. Next had a few nights at Cape Tribulation - great spot as well, with a good insect museum and ice cream factory - also saw a cassowary next to the road - very rare.

We then travelled on the Bloomfield track to Cooktown - very steep and scary drive - glad Janine was driving, I would have gone off the road. Cooktown okay but expensive, so we headed out to Laura - magical aboriginal rock paintings. Next to Chillagoe, another great little town with some interesting caves, and then to the Undara Lava Tubes - also interesting but damn pricey! since then we have stayed in the outback, with a couple of days at Einsleigh, then onto the dinosaur towns of Hughenden and Richmond. After a recharge at Mt Isa, we will head west for Kakadu and Litchfield and Darwin etc...... All good fun.

That's all for now,

Regards,

Tom, Janine, Cody, Lewis, Jay & Ruby

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb