Pinnarendi Station Qld


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mount Surprise
July 10th 2022
Published: July 26th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Continuing our journey along the Savannah Way, we discovered Pinnarendi Staion on WikiCamps. The station has been in the Atkinson Family for over five generations, and Ronnie and his wife Nadine, have opened up a section of the property for farm stays. The property is 1,571 hectares of land, and sits on top of the Great Dividing Range at an altitude of 750 metres, with around 325v hectares of cleared pasture.

There are both powered and non powered sites, however, the reason we especially wanted to stay here was for the wood fired pizzas. Ronnie is very capable and built his own wood fired pizza oven, along with a large shed where guests can eat from the attached cafe. The food served up by Nadine and her assistants is first class for an out of the way station stay, even baking their own sourdough bread and sourdough pizzas twice a week. They were even happy to bake special gluten free meals (including GF Pizza) for Kim.

We went for long walks through the property each day, down to each of the three dams, taking our binoculars and long lens camera with us, looking for birds. There is an airstrip on the property, and we watched light planes flying in and out simply for a meal at the legendary cafe. Facilities were good and clean, and the family were always available to assist with our enquiries.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb