Melbourne to Lawn Hill National Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mount Isa
June 18th 2013
Published: June 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi All

We are currently at Lawn Hill National Park approximately 400km north west of Mt Isa. We have been on the road now for close to 3 weeks and are having a ball. We left Melbourne on a cold and wet morning with the hope of finding some good weather as we ventured further north. We travelled through outback SA along the Oodnadatta Track staying at Coward Springs for a thermal spa and The Painted Desert for an awesome sunset. The highlight of the trip so far has been the crossing of the Simpson Desert. It is an amazing place. Unfortunately one of the couples on the trip Greg and Cath Beers developed engine problems with their car 30 km's into the crossing and as a result had to be towed out to Alice Springs for repairs. They hope to rejoin us in the next few days. The rest of us got through ok and enjoyed a couple of nights celebrating in Birdsville. We are now enjoying high 20's days and have been swimming most of today in an amazing gorge at Lawn Hill. We head further north from here to the Gulf country before turning east for Port Douglas and beyond. Will be in touch soon.

Woody and Deb


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb