Indonessia summary and Oz beginning


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Mission Beach
March 29th 2008
Published: March 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

Well I just realised on my last blog I didn't do an Indonessian summary, so I thought I would start today with one.

Highlights of Indonessia
Standing at the top of Mount Batur at Sunrise
Sunbathing on Gili Meno
Hanging out with the kids in the village on Lombok
Swimming in the waterfalls
The food
Diving at Lovina
The clear water at Gili Meno
Seeing the Gili Meno sunrise
Stunning sceneary
Tropical downpours
Kuta, Lombok beach

Lowlights of Indonessia
Climbing up Mount Batur after getting up at 3am
The cramped bus
New Year in the hotel
Kuta, Bali

Quotes of the trip

Porter trying to grab Johns bag "10000 for bag"
John "no"
Porter "5000"
John "go away"

Someone "I think he might have broken his toe"
Guide "ok we go slow then"

Maman "Take a sheeeit" (meant to be take a seat with a serious accent)

Anything Tom taught those kids in English

Random sights
Cows and people standing on the back of a trailler
People floating above me
Tying our bags up with vines
John drinking rice wine

Also forgot to mention last time John had an experience with a backstreet massage parlour (well he had two) both of which involved him getting offered extra services and one almost involved him losing his bag.

So back to Australia. The hostel we were staying at in Cairns gave us free meals everynight we stayed there which was good and because the dorms were full we got a twin for only 50c above the dorm price (20p). When we went out one night for our free meal we met up with two Argentians who showed us their pics jungle treking in Colombia (Bet Mum and Dad are getting worried I will want to do that next). Cairns is exstremly empty not much really seems to happen there, we spent most of the time at the free swimming pool along the front as the beach dosen't look to impressive. Though everything in Australia feels nice so far, like by the pool there are free barbeques to use, free workout equipment and waterfountains.
I'v kind of been trying a new approach of getting Tom to decide what to do, so far it has been sunbathing by the pool and playing cards in the room (he was starting not to feel great).

This morning we started our Oz experience (hop on, hop off buss) down the east coast. On the first leg we stopped at a river to have a quick swim, which really woke me up at 8.30am. Then we went to a Crocodile farm, the Crocs there were massive about 6 metres long some of them, and the keepers were mad teasing the Crocs with meat to make them snap at them. However these massive 6 metres snapping Crocs that might kill a keeper at any moment weren't our main point of interest, because bouncing where we could pat them was Kanagaroos. So we spent most of the time there patting Kangaroos and taking pictuires, especially of the one with its Joey. They seem to be quite strange but quite cool creatures with a good jump on them, and so far seem quite friendly, though I have been warned they are good boxers.

On the way down to Mission beach the driver had the stereo going and everyone at the back was singing along. Now we are here and there hasn't been much to do this afternoon as it has been chucking it down, but Im hopeing for better weather tomorrow

Gooday to ya all

Now we have

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb