Day 147 - Atherton to Kuranda


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kuranda
August 21st 2015
Published: August 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Fruit trees at the Kuranda Caravan ParkFruit trees at the Kuranda Caravan ParkFruit trees at the Kuranda Caravan Park

Georgi can't resist ripe tropical fruit
Atherton is a handy little town. Early next morning we chased down a locksmith who managed to fix the lock on the passenger door of the bus and then we got our Telstra phones sorted (yet again) at the shopping mall. That took a lot longer to do......

Then it was time to leave Atherton and drive across the Tablelands to one of our favourite market towns, Kuranda. The scenery was such a contrast from just a few days ago that we took photos. Lovely and green.

Last time we were here, almost exactly a year ago, we stayed in Cairns and came up on the train and went down on SkyRail. In between we shopped, and walked around and had a lovely lunch of crepes at Petit Cafe. It was a similar format this time, although we arrived a bit later and rushed to Petit Cafe to make sure 1. It was still there and 2. to order lunch. The meal was just as good as it was last time but when we finished, it was mid-afternoon and the majority of visitors had already left (either on the last train to Cairns or on SkyRail). Kuranda market was almost deserted and it wasn't nearly as much fun wandering around.

Back to the bus and off to the Caravan Park (in the rainforest). This is a delightful little park just out of Kuranda and Georgi loved all of the tropical fruit trees that had been planted around the property.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb