Beef Beef Beef...well, it was a cattle ranch!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Kroombit
May 3rd 2006
Published: May 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So the drive to Kroombit prooved strenuous although we met a cool guy from Liverpool called Dave - talked bout footy, uni life, his friends...really down to earth guy considering the experiences he's had and was probably one of the most genuinely nice people we've met so far! Hope we meet him down in Sydney!

At Kroombit we got straight into some food, attacking my vege soup and mush! Good stuff! The atmosphere there was really nice! We learnt how to whip-crack, which tok some time but i can now do it really well but only with my left hand?! weird?! then we had a go on the mechanical bull..i volunteered to go first as no-one else would and we could have just sat around for hours..stayed on for 11 bucks and ended up coming 3rd out of like 20 people..not bad considering i held the grip the wrong way and busted my left wrist..the one i broke snowboarding a few years ago! Will dominated it though, and ended up winning with like 13 bucks.. Was really tough, and most people didn't last 2 so..! Hurt our groins though! That night we also played some observation games, which i wasn't so good at at first..dave really sturggled though as he'd had no sleep the night before..! you could see his mind just saying..'f*** this dave, go to bed!" I also played a pig game..ended up kissing some guys bare ass cheek...don't want to talk about it! add that to the male thai massuese and you might reach certain conclusions i don't want you to!

The next morning si will dave and i had 2 hours to kill due to us being the only ones not to do the 40 dollar horse ride! so we played some keepy-ups, volleyball, football tennis, and then cricket with pistol pete - our driver and a cool guy! Some of dave's bycicle kicks where a la Kev Nolan, who he grew up with and remains mates with to this day..you can see how Nolan learnt to do it! We all really enjoyed the morning which was such a bonus! After we went goat herding which involved pinning a goat to the ground and pretending to brand it..wasnt too cruel! and then clay pidgeon shooting for 10 bucks..really awesome as i had never done anything like it before! hit 2 out of 5 before, using this proper unhelpful shotgun..couldn't believe i hit 1 let alone 2! Too soon we had to leave and head to Hervey Bay... :-( thanks to the head of the ranch Alan though, cos staying there was sooo fun!

will speak to you all soon but its sooo hectic at the mo. miss you all tonnes, lot of love, chris xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb