Hughenden


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hughenden
August 29th 2010
Published: September 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Stayed in a caravan park at Hughenden. No one wanted to cook so we decide to go out for dinner. We got ready hopped in the car and drove around town expecting to find a pub that served meals or something. What we found is most of the cafes were closed, even the corner pub. We did find the only restaurant in town which was Chinese. Not feeling so confident Mick when to have a look. Well… it was a cute restaurant with candy pink walls and more statues ho chi minh, dragons and Chinese candles than we could count. We decided to give it ago and was pleasantly surprised, the food was great. Even Ned got a treat for waiting in the car like a good puppy.

The second day we took the boys to see the discovery center with the large dinosaurs skeleton. After that we went digging for our own fossilized squid like animals. Apparently it should be easy but we only found petrified wood and nice rocks. Emerson enjoyed himself and now has a “collection” (as he calls it) that he wanted to sell to the shops.

We took a drive to the lookout and had a great view of the plains back to Hughenden and the surrounding areas which was at one time an inland ocean, where Mick could have gone fishing for dinosaurs. The land is so flat and so large.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb