Fraser Island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay » Fraser Island
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world and we went on a selfdrive 4wd jeep safari over there. me stu, caroline and camilla, and stephane who were all on the boat for whitsundays, amongst some french that were abit of a nightmare. We went out there in the jeep and the weather got the better of us, it was a monsoon and we camped on the beach in it. not clever but had no choice as the tide cut us off. was an experience though and we even managed an aussie bbq on the beach (under a tarp mind you). we had been to some amazing lakes that we swam in and had a good day. the next day the french wanted to go home and the swiss (bloody swiss they normally cant make a decision like that). anyways the bond for the vehicle was in my name so there was no way we were going home over a little monsoon. so we drove the europeans to a hotel on the island took the car and had our own fun. we went more lakes the weather got better and we spent a cosy valentines night, 4 in a tent and had a much better time. the final day we had glorious sun and it made the whole trip worthwhile the sights etc were awesome, i crashed the jeep into an overhanging tree which got the better of the wingmirror but no harm done. Fraser was a really good trip and made us realise how fickle the french (and swiss are), us brits did the hardcore trip and loved it. Onwards and downwards, Noosa was next.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb