Rain... Sun And More Rain


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Hervey Bay » Fraser Island
February 14th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have spent the last few nights on fraser island. Great place. Huge long beaches. and lots of sun. Ryan is feeling a bit under the weather, and it may be due to the beer he was consuming, and lack of drinking the water.
Either way it went great. We had alot of fun. We met some english blokes, and two irish gals. They seem like lots of fun. The island itself was good right up until it started raining. The night it rained there were four tents for everyone to sleep in (i brought my own thankfully) and they leaked like french safes. Actually some of them filled up with water and drowned out the sleepers. Everyone ended up taking refuge in the trucks and packed togeather like sardines. It was a really really rough night for everyone. I felt bad sleeping in my new dry fancy tent, with a ground sheet, while everyone was litterally sitting up and awake in the trucks. The next day was a bit of a long one for some people and the british guys kept laughing at the whole thing. I just had to smile. We also had probelms with our clutch on the truck and it ended up that we got our damage deposit back and they drove out some new trucks for us. It was nice.
Well if you go with koala tours, great bunch, worth the money except the fact that the tents leak. Be prepared for good weather. Oh and dont bring too much. Just enough to get by for three days. And keep a bottle you can use for drinking water.
Well, we are off to god knows where. Ryan is going to sort out what we are doing next. I think we are going to whitsunday islands for sailing and snorkling.
I will be happy to go to newzealand. I am considering getting a working visa and staying here for a bit. *shrug* who knows.

PS - thanks for the comment kelley. Hope your trip planning is going well too!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb