A love affair begins


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Great Barrier Reef
June 17th 2003
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

ahoy me mates!

Kent! splendid to hear from ya. sounds like you are knee-deep in computer insanity. All i know is that i am using an acer computer to write emails. can you top these madd computer skills? welcome to the future baby!!

Anywho, i just finished my dive course. The last 4 dives were in the Great Barrier Reef. It truely is amazing. Just like you see on NAture/discovery television and such. I saw sharks, stingrays,huge sea turtles, eels, lionfish, clownfish, kettle fish and a ba-zillion others within about a meter of my face. Really exciting and a tiny bit scary. Breathing and moving underwater is also very unique. It feels like being in space....360 flips or just hovering in mid ocean is quite possible. The best part of being down there though is being in this totally different world. The corals form these huge mountains and caves that form underwater cities...and we were the explorers. Many of the fish were very inquisitive and would just swim right up to your mask and stare at you....sometimes whole schools of fish would enclose my body. This is an amazing experience...being surrounded by 1000's of intense colors darting in time to each other.

now that me and lara are both certified, we are going to live on a boat and do a ton of diving together. We are going to be doing an advanced diving course on the boat...which includes night diving. deep diving and underwater photography. All very promising. so i guess thats it for now. hip hop hurray.
tootles
brad

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb