A Beautiful Day - Sunrise to Sunset on Lizard!!


Advertisement
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So I just had to share with you some amazing photo's from sunrise over at Coconut Beach after setting off at 5am to climb a ruggid headland in the dark with no torch...which proved interesting, to Sunset up at Cooks look !!!

....We headed over to Coconut while the stars were still bright in the sky ....climbing the ruggid path we hit Lizard point just as the sun was heading up. After finding the rope we abseiled down onto the most perfect beach to watch the sun come up over the headland.....
...after a few crazy moments of headstands we cruise on back up teh beach to spot several turtles obviously waking up to the heat of the sun too in the water!!

So as we are off to a good start to the day we carry our adventure forward to mermaid beach and hit the champagne and reef...hhmmm good combonation.....and then to top the day I decide to have a tranquil moment up at cooks look to finally see the sun set over Lizard Island....my most favourite place on the island...i just hope my photography does justice to such a perfect day....


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Down on the beach at sunrise...Down on the beach at sunrise...
Down on the beach at sunrise...

Waiting for the sun to come up over the headland.
Silhoette of a friend in the sunrise..Silhoette of a friend in the sunrise..
Silhoette of a friend in the sunrise..

Taken just as the sun peaks over the headland.
Fun at sunrise.....perfect sand...Fun at sunrise.....perfect sand...
Fun at sunrise.....perfect sand...

The beach is only excessible by climbing down a headland or by boat so the sand is completely tredless..
Palm trees....Palm trees....
Palm trees....

Heading home...
Only one way down so one way up!!!!Only one way down so one way up!!!!
Only one way down so one way up!!!!

Climbing back up to Lizard point...well at least its light now...


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 94; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb