Treading water


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast
June 28th 2015
Published: July 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Pelican in FlightPelican in FlightPelican in Flight

Taken from our illegal camp on the Maroochy River
Friday, Saturday and Sunday just passing time visiting old friende and relatives, Terry at Tallebudgera, Phyllis and Anthony (2 nights) at Bethalania, the Russes at Eagleby and finally Kay , Tony and some of their offspring at Noosa. Knowing these locations and the distance between them it becomes obvious that not much progress has been achieved in our quest to reach Cairns. Northward travel was also delayed by compulsory visits to the Qeensland Art Gallery and the Francis Bacon Galleries.

Tuesday we found what we thought was the perfect park, alongside the Maroochy River only to find an eviction notice from the council on retuning from a stroll along the river.

Ever northward with night stops at Chatsworth Park, Wallum Reserve, Calliope River Camp, Notch Point (2 nights), Mackay (caravan park), Guthalungra rest area, Toomulla Beach, Bushy Parker Reserve and a Paid caravan park at Mission Beach to refresh our batteries.

In the 9 days from Noosa to Mission Beach we have only managed 1752 kilometres, with the limited sunshine and short daily runs the batteries tend to not being fully charged and the free camps take their toll.

Just found this text, which ithought had gone
Ned Kelly livesNed Kelly livesNed Kelly lives

Letterbox on the road to CalliopeRiver camp
forever and Megan has already rewritten this part of our journey but will publish it anyway (we need the practice)


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

SunsetSunset
Sunset

Sunset over Marion Creek at Notch Point
Father Miles in AustraliaFather Miles in Australia
Father Miles in Australia

Beachcomber motif to a house at Toomulla Beach reminde us of Fr Mile's house in Half Moon Bay CA
Angry mud crabAngry mud crab
Angry mud crab

So would you be if you'd been caught in a dilly net. Anyway it was a jenny (female) and went back (honestly)
CassowaryCassowary
Cassowary

Feral cassowary taken from the safety of the car! just like Yellowstone, everyone pulling up with hazard lights on to take photos.


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb