Surfers Paradise


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
August 24th 2006
Published: August 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Howdy!!!!!

i have got quite a bit to tell you since i havent updated this in a while......

so after leaving beautiful noosa we went to coolum, we heard it was very nice and HAD to go there, so we did and surprise surprise there werent any hostels so 2 hours later we were back on the bus. our next stop was maroochydore, it wasnt a favorite and 3 peoples wallets were stolen from the hostle in one day so we only spent the night. then we were off to Brisbane. the city is very nice but it was way too big and inland from the ocean so we spent 2 nights then kept going. ( sorry uncle Rick we didnt have time to look for your friend we had to see as much of the city as we could)

that takes us to SURFERS PARADISE, we love it here. The best thing about this place is the ocean it has the whitest softest sand and the clearest water you can imagine. you can see your feet perfectly at any depth. plus the waves are a nice size too. because the beach was so nice we bought a surf board! we arent very good yet but when we get good we'll take some pictures for ya.

we are staying in a shared house, if it wasnt so cheap we would leave. its discusting. dishes and clothes and anything you could imagine lay about the house. we eat out as often as possible so we dont have to cook in the kitchen. there are no smoking signs all over the house but that doesnt stop anyone, the other day an irish guy moved a no smoking sign to cover the whole that his fist left in the wall. there are 9 people plus us in the house. we hate these 3 girls from finland the most, they stay out till all hours in the night then come home drunk and talk loudly in their stupid language so no one else in the house can sleep. then they complain that no one likes them. needless to say we cant wait to move into our resort in a weeks time.

oh we also got a job while we were here but it only lasted 2 days. we were telemarketers trying to get people to change phone companies, we know nothing about the phone systems here so people wouldnt listen to us and the job was only commission so we made no money. i tried to apply at baskin robins and some other places but in australia you get paid by how old you are, so its hard to get a job being 19 considering they can hire a 14 year old for much less.

HAHAH the other day i drank milk on the expiry date about 2 hours later when we were on the bus i got the biggest stomach ache of my life so we had to get off the bus so i could puke. i think cody was more embarrassed than i was. if only he had cereal for breakfast too.

i hope i'm not forgetting anything!

take care everyone!

Advertisement



25th August 2006

HAVING FUN!!
HI EM AND CODY, WELL IF YOU DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT PHONES THINK HOW BAD OFF I WOULD BE!! AGAIN , CHALK TELEMARKETING DOWN AS A JOB NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. TOO BAD YOU DIDN'T LOOK UP MY FRIEND IN BRISBANE, HE OWES ME AND I AM SURE HE WOULD OF HAD YOU STAY OVER AND SHOWED YOU LOTS OF THE OCEAN ETC. HOW ARE THE SHARKS WHEN SURFING? I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM IN AUSTRALIA. IF YOU GUYS GET GOOD MAYBE YOU CAN TEACH YOUR UNCLE AND AUNT AND ANTHONY. HAVE FUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW YOU WILL WHEN YOU GET TO THE RESORT. LUCKY TO HAVE GREAT PARENTS THAT HAVE A TIME SHARE. LOVE UNCLE RICK, KATHY AND ANTHONY
30th August 2006

Even if the pay is bad at the Baskin Robins, I'm so surprised you didn't take it. I'm sure you could eat your money's worth to make up for it!! The place sounds like a dive, time to move on....... Is that the first time Cody has seen you puke? Any homesickness??? We miss you too. We had company from Calgary. Their daughter is 13 and reminded us all of you, Emily. But no you have not been replaced. Find a job and a decent place to live!! Love, Lorelee
20th September 2006

Balls
Hey Em!!!! Heard you're at Jason's place in Sydney. Awesome. Are you leaving for New Zealand from there? If you're there for a while, I might see you. I'm hoping that'll be my next destination. Thats funny you said an irish guy punched a hole in your wall, because an irish guy punched a hole in our wall and covered it up with a chair. I think his name was Lenny. Well, work here sucks! I think Ill be quitting my Pier job and just keep the baskin Robbins one. I love it there. Thats crappy you didnt get it. You shouldve. It requires almost NO skill. Hahaha, have fun in NZ hun!!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0697s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb