Gold Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
April 20th 2009
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 84 Wet n Wild

Towards the gold coast and just of the Pacific Highway are all the many theme parks, today we have decided to have an action packed day at Wet n Wild. We arrived early only to find that it was going to be busy as there were loads of families and groups of children here today too. After queuing for what seemed an age we entered the park, it was going to be a great day as the weather was forecast to be 28 Degrees Celsius, just right!

We spent the day going on all the slides and rides the park offered as well as spending time having fun in the wave pool. The best ride of the day had to be the Kamikaze the newest ride. It involved the two of us sitting opposite each other in an inflatable boat and being launch down a half pipe.

After a tiring day getting wet and enjoying ourselves we found somewhere to stay near the beach on the Gold Coast.

21/4
Day 85 Surfers Paradise

We woke up really tired from our busy day yesterday and the weather was overcast so we decided not to book a surfing lesson, despite being at Surfers Paradise. This beach resort was an Australian version of Benidorm, full of high rise buildings, cafes, bars and shops. There is a great long beach and the sand is very soft, however there was a dangerous surf today.

We continued south along the Gold Coast beaches stopping at Coolangatta and Dangerous Point along the way. This is where we entered New South Wales, Queensland is a massive state and it has seemed to have taken us ages to travel through it.

As the weather was so wet we continued to Byron Bay where we would stay the night. We drove to the lighthouse on the headland which we later found out is the most easterly point in Australia . So now together with Point Leeuwin we have been to the most western and eastern parts of Australia!

The weather continued to get worse as it was torrential downpours of rain every hour or so. We managed to park the camper van on the grass but we weren't sure we would be able to get it off in the morning. The grass was very muddy as they have had a few days of rain here and your feet squelched into the mud, but at least it was still warm.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb