Not so surfers paradise!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Surfers Paradise
March 13th 2007
Published: March 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So having come from byron, a quiet little town and amazing beach, surfers paradise was a bit of a shock! high rise buildings and sky scrapers lining the coastline.......not such a postcard picture.
however the beach was still nice, the sun still shone and our hostel was really cool. Bex and Matt were still with us so we had a little apartment for 8. Was luxury, we had our own kitchen and bathroom! hehe.

The first day at surfers we hit the beach, it was really windy and waves were rough so we didn't stay long, so we headed back to the hostel and lounged around the pool (and in the hot tub i must add!!)

Our second day we booked a trip to wet n wild, was really good fun but the weather wasn't great. rained a bit but it didn't matter as we were soaked already! That evening was also backpackers heaven. Our hostel did a deal, you pay $5 and its all you can eat pizza. I have seriously never seen so many pizzas in my life! George wanted to get his moneys worth so smuggled some pizza into our room and put it in the fridge for his breakfast!! hehe!
Also that night was movie night, they have a big pull down screen and everyone sits in or around the pool and watched a movie. Was pretty cool!

On our last day we hit the shops and lounged around the pool before heading for our bus to brisbane to stay with darren!!

Pics will be on soon hopefully, the computer i am on at the mo doesnt read my software so cant upload them!
Hope you are all good. thanks for the comments.........especially yours tots, that made me chuckle! hehe

ciao x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb