Our family goes Nomad


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Gold Coast » Ashmore
October 20th 2011
Published: October 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Brisbane CamperlandBrisbane CamperlandBrisbane Camperland

Arriving to pick up our new home
It seems like so long ago that Ryan turned to me and suggested we sell the house and relocate the family to Victoria. At the time it sounded easy, wonderful and it was what we really wanted to do. Who would have guessed it would result in our current situation.

June is so long ago, since then we've sold a house, a caravan and two cars, bought a caravan, a car and a whole lot of stuff to fill both, celebrated our little man's first birthday and invaded my in-laws house for much longer than we originally told them we would.

But, who cares about that... yesterday we went and met our new home, a 17' Jayco Expanda caravan, and got acquainted. What a lovely little home it will make, with the luxury of a shower and toilet (we're going to have to draw straws for the job of emptying it) and an extra seating space for Ryan to work / study. I don't think two people have ever been so happy to see an annex sitting in a box, it was the one item that could have delayed our leaving date, so it was very exciting to see it had arrived.

We got back to the coast, after 3hrs of instruction on how to operate the different elements, and parked the van in the driveway with no swearing or frustration (hopefully a sign of good things to come). Lots of packing followed and today we visited a weighbridge to see how much we needed to leave behind. Nothing!!!! We're close, but not over... yay!!!

So, tomorrow we set out on our new adventure and way of life. Watch out open road.... here we come.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The rigThe rig
The rig

Car and caravan


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb