WEEK 1


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Emerald
August 11th 2008
Published: August 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello All - Left home 11 days ago. Innisfail > Mt Surprise (4 days) > The Lynd Junction > Fletcher's Creek (o'nite) > Charters Towers > Belyando Crossing (o'nite) > Clermont > Theresa Creek Dam (4 days) > Emerald (arrived today). The more the days went on, the colder it got!! Lowest so far was 0.4 degrees o'nite outside minimum at Theresa Creek Dam. Even inside the van it was only 4.3 degrees !!! Yesterday's Maximum never made it past 17 degrees !!!
Fairly uneventful trip as far as Clermont - only saw 1 emu, lots of road-kill, HEAPS of road trains. Actually got the boat off the roof of Geoff's car at the dam (what a mission that was!) and went after some redlaw (supposedly running rampant there). Hardly caught anything for 2 days - then found out they're vegetarian and starting using the right bait - they LOVE kiwifruit!!! We did have 2 good feeds - one with mornay sauce and the other with honey/oyster/black/sweet chilli baste on the BBQ. Very nice. They're rather bland just boiled.
Meeting Adam Kahler tomorrow (he lives here) for dinner. Went shopping today to top up supplies and ran into Gail Stepanoff.... and, back in Charters Towers, ran into Dianne Lack !!! Small world, isn't it......
Probably leave her on Wednesday dor Barcaldine, then Longreach, the Birdsville. Will update this Blog every week or so. You can send me an email through this page or use my normal email address. It's been rather difficult to get 'service' for phone/computer in places, so can only get messages when we're in a good reception area. so, if I take a few days to reply to your emails, that's why.

Advertisement



21st August 2008

the red claws and i would get on great..
hay there, i jsut read you blog and can see that you hav already travelled through many places..god i don't envy the cold you guys hav been living through..i bet the drinkin session hav slowed up heaps but the up side to all those early nights in the van must leave lots of time for nookies..ha ha..i m all good, you know how it is same shit diff day..barry rang last week and said to tell you that old rusty only died last week..i hav been gettin all you pays slpis and will pass them onto joni..well you take care, keep your eyes on the road..missin you at work already..xx

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb