Entry 5 - Gold Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Currumbin
May 12th 2011
Published: May 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the 2nd May we arrived at the Gold Coast. We stayed at the Tallebudgera beach school. We went body surfing on massive waves and tobogganing (which is where you sit in a toboggan and are pulled by a speed boat). We also did a walk in the Burleigh Heads National Park., which was full of brush turkeys. We went to Mel’s surprise 40th b’day party (and she really was surprised to see us!) at an expensive seafood all you can eat buffet. We had a great day at Wet and Wild and Dad did the massive skateboard ride. Dad and I rode the Black Hole together. It was fun because there’s no light coming in and you can’t see where you are going. Ash and I explored this water park which has a giant pirate head that fills up with water and dunks you every 2 minutes. We visited the Dewer family who own a yummy icecream shop in Coolangatta. Ash and Tom got lollies out of the things that you put money in and lollies come out by shaking it.

We went to Seaworld on Mothers day. We hung out in Castaway Bay. I enjoyed shooting people with water cannons. One lady got angry and told me to stop shooting her as she had a leather hand bag on board the ship. We stayed the weekend at the Tallebudgera farm school up in the Currumbin Valley, where it is very peaceful. The sheep were scared of our car and a stick on the road. There were also pigs, cows and chickens.



Advertisement



12th May 2011

sea to snow
wow..great to imagine you in the surf. We have just come off the mountain where we had a rare May ski up the Mc Kay road with head torches. Not quite like the black hole. Bet you were warmer than us though.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb