Hello from Tweed Heads


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Coolangatta
August 23rd 2008
Published: August 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ah G'Day,

It's time for an update from Tweed Heads, at a lovely campsite just north of the border with New South Wales. There are two elements to this site that shine through. Firstly, it boasts what is probably the warmest pool in Autralia (in winter time anyway). It's like a bath compared to some of the the others we've been in. Therefore we spent quite a lot of time in it and the kids loved it. They particularly like that game where daddy lies on the bottom and we stand on him.

Secondly the site houses the nicest blue rinse brigade yet. We only had to drop a towel and somone would dart from nowhere at a speed faster than seemed physically possible. We received advice about the van, constant exchanges about our 'lovely children', and kind offers of help. These included helping to dry our washing and (can you beleieve it? sitting the kids whilst Shelley and I went out on the town. I think the latter was because they took pity on us trapped inside a space a little larger than a snooker table with a 2 and 4 year old. This was proved when we told them they'd both been sucked into the national institution that is ''The Wiggles'. On hearing this they started to weep and kept hugging us.
Anyway, whatever they were drinking the whole camp seemed to be on it.







Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb