Rainforests, rubgy and magnetic!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
October 18th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All!!
We have been busy bees!
went to the rainforest for a couple of days this week! rthe day trip was amzing! went to the national park and learnt all about trees and stuff which was actuali reasonably interestin baring in mind that we thought it wouldnt be! then we went to a rainforest sanctuary and got to hug koalas and got photos and was stroking and hugging kangeroos too yay! Saw our first croc we was verty excited! then we went to a river cruise to spot some wild crocs which we managed in the m,angroves seemed very in a film! on the trip down there we saw the reef where steve irwin died and random other celbrity facts! Then we drive through the main rainfroest and took photos from above the whole thing which was kool! Then wqent off to our accomodation which was beacvh huts in the very middle of the rainforest, by this time it was completely tipping it down adn we was very wet! Went off to dinner whcih was some the best food we had up here yet, lauren abused the sea food which was lush coz all caught locally! Then had an early night for the first time here yet!
woke up to torential rain which ruined our day of sitting on the beach, so we was stuck in the middle of a rainforest with nothing to do so we drew in the sand a nd played boggle all very interlectual stuff!
When our bus took us home we went straight back out on another party bus! our fourth and last one 😞
We went on one on saturday night too with 3 oz football teams and a rugby team, as you can imagine we was pleased! as they live all around oz we made some friends to visit opn our way down! Our friends that didnt come that night were very jelous!
We have booked a campervan for driving down the coast to brisbane because we have found ouirselves a driver! our friend annika has decided to come with us because we are too amazing to leave and so we booked it up and leave tomorrow!! its called a spaceship and is actuali amazing!!!!!!!
I will be adding lots of photos to this one bt this computer wont let me so ill do them all in a different one sepratly!
We also just got to airlie beach which is the port to the whitsundays! had 2 nights on magnetic island but couldnt use the ebach as there was a crocadule sighting in the shallows as u can imagine we was overly excited yet never got to see the croc 😞
apart from that absiolutly gorgeous island will put a pictures up as well on next one! i have a great view from our toilet whcih is propberli better than anything ive ever seen so i hope u all feel very jelous!
our second night there we got a little bit drunk as there was nothing else to do and our friends from cairns arrived!
had an interesting drive down to airlie and are now preparing to sleep in our camper for the first night weheyyy!! well anyway ill be back with photos love u all
xxx


Advertisement



19th October 2008

rainforests rubgy and magnetic!
hi lauren - hi emily-you have been getting around eh?sounds just wonderful!i would give my right arm for a chance like that - do you think you have room in your campervan for an old wrinkly like me!- i would wash and iron for you - cook and clean for you -chase those hunky young aussie males away from your door in case they lead you astray- keep you young and beautiful by banning all alcohol-and have you tucked up in bed - fast asleep -by 10oclock so that you get your beauty sleep--urgh-suppose thats a big NO then-well it was worth a try eh?well - never mind i still love you lots - take care -big hugs and kisses xxxxxnanxxxxx
19th October 2008

Good time or what
Have now got all your blog from sea sick nights out and soaking wet in the rainforest . God you teens certainly know how to enjoy yourselves. Just dont leave the handbrake off on the camper. Looking forward to next set of pics luv you.
19th October 2008

misssing use
oioi (essexxx wwooo lol) looks like use are havi such a good time im so jealous!!! koalas!!!! steve erwin lol! boggle in the rainforest such a lauren thing to do lol. hope ur both ok! missu loaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads!!! muchos lovos (hahah laurenage) xx
22nd October 2008

Dad
Sound like you are having the time of your lives, that what it was all about and yes you continue to make Colette and I so so jealous. Please don’t forget you main mission is to find us our retirement house on the beach but not to far from civilisation so Colette can still go to the shops and buy product to keep her looking so youthful. For me, all I need is a long beach to walk the dog and a second beach hut for all you lot to stay in once in a while. Sorry short response some of us still got jobs to do trying to get my bank balance looking a bit better now we are only shopping for two. Keep in touch and keep seeing Australia’s natural beauties and I don’t mean the football and ruby teams the best thing in life are free. Looking forward to the pictures.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb