Cape Tribulation and Daintree Rainforest


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
May 29th 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So 7.25am came and after bout 1 and a half hours sleep up we got to go on our Cape Tribulation tour. Lucky for us, the driver of our mini bus didn't mind waiting 5mins as we were not quite ready. There were 8 of us on the tour so it was quite nice to spread ourselves out and get some extra sleep on the journey. 1st stop was a nice little beach in Port Douglas which is apparently where you can see famous people wandering around. No such luck for us, although I am not to sure I would have recognised them as I was feeling severly hung over and very sleep deprived. Willo on the other hand felt fine and that made it worse for me! 😞 After a brief breakfast stop and a couple of headache tablets later we left for Daintree Rainforest. We went on an hour long bush walk, which took us through some great places and past some unique sights. One of the dangerous plants we were shown was called a 'Stinger Plant'. This imaginatively named plant was like a mutated stinging nettle. If you touched it, you would receive a sting that would have you screaming for 48 hours and in pain for about 4 months!! We also went on a swinging bridge and Dan took a little swim in a river!


Next stop was the Daintree River where we got to go on a boat for an hour to look for crocs and snakes! This was good fun and we saw 2 adult crocs, about 3 baby crocs and 2 rubbish snakes that were in trees! After the croc hunt we went to our last stop which was Cape Tribulation itself. We stayed there for an hour and couldn't really do much as it was more of an activity centre and we didn't have long so we just went to the beach. However on the beach I found a more deadly killer than a shark.....a fallen coconut! Good job young Matthew Soul warned us of the dangers!


Once we arrived back at the hostel, I thought it would be a good idea to get an early night because we had a 6.30am start for our next excursion.....however Dan thought otherwise and convinced me we should go out for a jugs of beer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Box Jelly FishBox Jelly Fish
Box Jelly Fish

Deadly Stinger
Fallen CoconutFallen Coconut
Fallen Coconut

Lucky Escape!!


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb