The Daintree Rainforest


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
October 24th 2005
Published: November 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Cool TreeCool TreeCool Tree

In Daintree Rainforest
The Daintree Rainforest is located on Cape Tribulation, north of Cairns. We took a 2 day trip to see what the area had to offer.

After pickup it was off to the small town of Port Douglas where we stopped for 45 minutes so the hungover passengers amonst us could get some Coke & chocolate. As we had booked to spend the 3 nights after the tour in Port Douglas it was nice to get a quick look at the place.

From Port Douglas it was onto Mossman Gorge in the Daintree itself. We were taken on a 1 hour guided walk through the rainforest which was good. The warm tropical weather made the swim in the river at the end of the walk all the more enjoyable !

Next on the agenda was a short boat trip on the Daintree River in search of crocodiles and other beasties.....we managed to spot 2 crocs, one in the water looking quite menacing and a second one sunning itself on the bank of the river.

That combined with a good dose of driving was essentially the tour (lucky it was cheap !). We were dropped at our accomodation in
LizardLizardLizard

In Daintree Rainforest
Cape Tribulation (PK's Jungle Village), which was included in the tour package. We had a fair old session that night in the bar at PK's with our dorm mates who were good craic.

We decided on an unusual hangover cure the following morning......off for a spot of 'Jungle Surfing' !! This involved getting strapped into a harness then climbing up into a tree in the rainforest and proceeding to whiz around on a series of Zip Lines. It lasted about an hour and our guides gave us some info on the rainforest as we went along. Definatly not for those with a fear of heights, but good fun......and I can confirm it'll sort your hangover right out !!

After a few hours chilling by the pool at PK's our 2 day trip to the Cape was over and the bus collected us to take everyone back to Cairns. We were dropped off on the way at Port Douglas for our 3 night stay, more on that later.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Crocodile EyesCrocodile Eyes
Crocodile Eyes

Lurking in the Daintree River
Spot the CrocodileSpot the Crocodile
Spot the Crocodile

Can you see him....? He really is there if you look hard enough !!!
Big Green FrogBig Green Frog
Big Green Frog

An intruder on our boat on the Daintree River !
No swimming for me then.....!No swimming for me then.....!
No swimming for me then.....!

Sign at the beach by our Rainforest accomomdation.
Jungle SurfingJungle Surfing
Jungle Surfing

All set to swing through the trees of the Daintree
Jungle SurfingJungle Surfing
Jungle Surfing

View from the top
Jungle SurfingJungle Surfing
Jungle Surfing

Don't look down !!
PK's HostelPK's Hostel
PK's Hostel

Relaxing in the pool


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb