Cape Tribulation


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
January 31st 2007
Published: February 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Went on the first trip that I had booked yesterday in Cairns, this is a full day trip to Cape Tribulation and the Daintree forest.

The bus picked me up at 7:25 and we toured a few more hostels then made our way out to Port Douglas to pick another two people up from there we carried on and stopped for a coffee break, we then continued to the Daintree river where we were given a tea then we took a 45 min cruise on the river where we saw some tree frogs, a small croc then a tree snake we then returned and caught the bus on the other side of the river as it took the ferry over. We then went to Cape Tribulation which is surrounded by forest, we took a board-walk through part of the forest when we arrived at one of the camp sights in Cape tribulation we had lunch there then went down to the beach.
On the way back to Cairns we stopped at Alexandra range look-out from here we could see mountain ranges and the great barrier reef. We then crossed the river on the ferry and went to Mossman gorge which was a very active waterfall, due to the rainfall we were unable to go swimming. We then continued to Port Douglas which is a quiet town and was the last place that Steve Irwin was on land before his stingray attack. We then returned to Cairns and I was dropped back at the hostel at 18:10.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0954s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb