Cape Tribulation day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cape Tribulation
December 4th 2006
Published: December 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The morning was spent sleeping in as we had a rest day in our 3 day trip to Cape Tribulation.
After a lazy breakfast we went for a walk down to the beach where litteraly 'Rainforest meets reef'

This was a picture of paradise, no hotels, hostels, restaurants, bars etc, just a perfect example of two Gobal Heritage sites looking great next to one another.

The place was deserted, like our own private beech, except for the warning signs of man eating crocodiles and killer jelly fish (we kid not!). The beach is crossed in two places by 2 estuaries which are both great breeding grounds for the jelly fish to meet the sea and for the crocs to do a bit of fishing.

While I took in the view, Dan decided to try and find a croc or two and threw a few stones in the water to try and get a reaction should any be there (I know this is completely stupid, but who am I to tell him!)

A Belgian Tourist did end up as Croc meat about 2 weeks ago - he found a sleeping male saltwater croc and decided to poke it repeatedly with a stick for a reaction! Somehow the Salty was fairly full already and let him go after just removing his leg - he was one very lucky fella!

As the midday heat and humidity took its toll on us, we decided to head back to Ferntrees and the comfort of the pool.

Dan had strategically located himself for the remainder of the afternoon in the pool in front of the TV to watch the cricket... I'm sure you all know how that ended!

Dinner was spent in a very quiet 'Cassowary Cafe' in the middle of the rainforest where we tried Barramundi fish - the local delicacy. It is a lovely white fish which tastes a little like trout (well thats what I think anyway!)



Advertisement



8th December 2006

Crocs
Dan dont take no s**t from them crocs mate! Chuck stones at them - they love it! Also I hear they love being pulled around by their tails! Lots of love - Steve
9th December 2006

Dan remember if one does nab you they don't like been poked in the eye, and as a furthur precaution if you lather yourself in Nando's before you start antagonising them they will more than likely spit you out unscathed.

Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb