Caloundra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Caloundra
April 8th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

There is a hidden beauty to Caloundra, it's the kind of place you want want to live in when you retire. The area itself elevated and the scenery at the waterfront is fantastic. An interesting point is that there are no tall buildings here, with hotels being around 6 to 8 floors. I was only able to spend a day here, a few days is recommended to relax. There is no abundance of nightlife in Caloundra, to find that, head 20/30 minutes north to Malooloobah / Maroochydore.

Our hotel was situated on Kings Beach, opposite the playground. The playground was popular due to the water feature and the trampolines available for use.

On a clear day, the Glasshouse Mountains are in full view.

Multiple beaches make up Caloundra and they all present different scenic options and different beach layers. Some of the beaches are quaint, yet if you go for a short walk to another, the beach is littered with body boarders trying to catch the next wave.

It's a popular pass-through destination for cargo ships, which are often seen on the horizon navigating along the coastline. The tip of Frasier Island comes close to the shoreline and is a popular destination for tourists.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb