2 August 2011


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Northern Beaches
August 4th 2011
Published: August 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The first day in our itineray when we had nothing planned. As you can imagine we therefore spent ages deciding what we were going to do!

Stephanie and Tux went for an early morning walk/run while I went for a walk to explore the other end of the beach and whether you could get round the headland to the next beach - you couldn't, but I got some lovely photos of the whole of Trinity Beach.

Spent time by the pool and sitting on the beach, but the latter was very windy. Also both the sea and pool were very cold.

At 6.15 our bus from Yorkeys Knob Yacht Club turned up to take us to our next OF Supper. As at the airport we were enthusiastically met by Chris and Rebecca. Already there was an OB (Brandeston - left before going to senior school) there Louis with his wife Fiona. Louis was at Brandeston while I was at Fram, so about a 6 year age gap. Peter and his wife Janet were the last to arrive and we had drinks outside before going upstairs to a separate room for our meal. Chris/Rebecca had also arranged name badges for everyone.

When we got upstairs we saw all the work they had done. There was a Union Jack and Aussie flag hanging over the window, the table was decorated with exotic flowers from their garden, each lady had an orchid and everyone had a printed up booklet, with their name on it to mark the occasion. Inside the front cover was a picture of me coming off the place at Cairns! During the evening these were circulated round for everyone to sign. The food was good with us sharing starters and puddings.

I felt really sorry for Chris because at about 9.30 the Yacht Club announced that they were closing up because we were the only guests left. We'd only just finished puddings and speeches and were intending to carry on for some time. Anyway, Plan B was quickly put into place and we all went back to Chris & Rebecca's house for a few more glasses of the red stuff. Around 11pm we go a taxi home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb