30 July 2011


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Northern Beaches
August 1st 2011
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Tux and I were up early to go and pick up the hire car but had to wait for the office to open at 8am.

Without breakfast we set off the Great Ocean Road and stopped off at a number of places on the way. Eventually arrived around 1.30pm at the 12 Apostoles and although there are now only 7 (!!) it really is a wonderful site. There were also a number of other stacks that we visited shortly afterwards, one of which was called London Bridge, although half of that had fallen down in last few years.

We were due to arrive at Tux's cousin's restaurant in Geelong between 6-630 so we set off for the long drive back. Arrived on time . The restaurant is actually owned and run by the son in law. They had some wonderful and large steaks all cooked on a grill right in front of your eyes.

After a great meal I drove home, which took about 45 minutes. Parked the car in a local car park overnight ready for the drive to the airport early tomorrow morning.

PS I've just realised that I forgot to mention that after the OF meal the night before, all of us went to the main casino, but lost!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb