Heading halfway around the world


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
October 14th 2013
Published: October 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

November is coming, so once again it is time to get on a plane and head off - this year to Australia. 24 hours flying will get us halfway around the world to Cairns, at the north end of Australia's east coast.

From Cairns we'll first be heading north into the rainforest for a short stay in a treehouse. Then we plan to spend three weeks slowly cruising south. We'll be staying reasonably close to the coast but also diving inland to stay in some national parks and using boats to get to a few islands on the way.

Three weeks should get us to Brisbane from where we will fly to Adelaide on Australia's south coast and the start of part two of the trip. First we'll head north into the Flinders range of mountains, then down south to Kangeroo Island where we have rented the lighthouse! We then plan to visit some more national parks and walk on the Great Ocean Road before we head for Melbourne.

We have six weeks in all before we will be making that long flight home. We will blog when we can, we hope you enjoy them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb