END OF OZ


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
April 26th 2011
Published: April 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys,
Well i am home now, so i will be brief for the rest of my blog and you can ask me any questions now that i am back after my 5 and a half months of fun!! So in Hervey Bay we didnt have such nice weather. We managed to get on the beach for a few hours and then it would rain. We used the street gyms there and did some exercise, and watched some films. Next was Rockhampton. Again there was a fair bit of rain here. We did manage to get to the free zoo and pet a koala. They were so much fun to watch, they moved really slowly and if they knew food was coming they would get out of their trees and wait at the gate of their pen. We also saw dingos, wallabies and kangeroos, peacocks and emus. The next day we managed to lay by the pool and chilling out.

After here we moved up to Townsville and took a ferry to Magnetic Island. It was a beautiful place, in the height of the summer I bet it was busy with people and paradise with the little alcoves and beaches. We took a walk around the island and saw koalas in the wild and walked up to see WW2 bunkers. It took a couple of hours and kept us busy. We also sunbathed on one of the bays and saw a sign showing the jellyfish and their stings. It was jellyfish season so we didnt swim in the sea. They looked rather painful and sore!

Then we spent a night in a luxurious hostel in Townsville, which was a beautifully decorated building, with a large pool, and the dorm we were in had a big bath and hair straighteners and hairdryer! Wow we were spoilt!

Next we moved onto Cairns, here we snorkelled the Great Barrier Reef. The views under the sea were undescribable. There were so many colours....and shapes and textures...I saw chocolate dipped fish, starfish, little electric blue and yellow fish, pink, orange, purple coral, and someone even saw a shark! This scared me a little but we were perfectly safe. Me and Stacey sat out the front of the catermaran and got battered by the big waves! It was fun. We also had a feast of food, fruit platters, nuts, biscuits, cheese, and our lunch was salads, pasta, chicken, potato salad, and we were even given a glass of wine! A brilliant day out :-).

One other excursion we did in Cairns was in Kuranda. We went to Rainforestation, and learnt how to throw a boomerang, a spear, and how to play the didgerydoo! We watched an aborigani dance show, and cuddled a koala and bought a photo for the memories. We also saw massive old crocks, wombats, fed kangeroos who were very lazy and didnt want to get up for the food...they wanted it brought to them! It was a nice morning. We also went round the rainforest in an Army Duck, and saw lots of different flora and fauna and also saw a snapping turtle!

In the afternoon we walked around Kuranda and saw aborigani art and lots of kangeroo and crocodile leathers and skin!

We walked around the towns night market and then got up early for our two flights out of Australia!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb