Cairns!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
March 14th 2011
Published: March 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Darwin to Cairns


Finally we arrived in Cairns!!

After a heavy last night of drinking with a lot of people, Lucy and I caught our flight from Darwin to Cairns and arrived in the rain!!

Cairns is a fun little town with loads of bars and the gate to the Great Barrier Reef! We werent allowed to check in until 2pm having arrived at 9am with bad hangovers so wondered the town for breakfast before heading to Peter Pans to book all of our trips! Diving the great barrier reef tomorrow!!

Tuesday:

Arrived at our boat about 7.30am and upon welcome we were given muffins and cups of tea! Spent about 1.5hrs sailing out to Green Island which is one of the islands upon the reef

Unfortunately, the lady in the shop didnt tell me I need to have a medical cert so say I am allowed to dive so wasnt allowed to go but I was allowed to snorkel and see the beautiful reef and millions of funky fish!! We had our huge lunch before taking the speed boat over to the island and walked around for a bit before heading back to the boat. Just as Lucy and I were about to go in for our last snorkel, two black tip reef sharks were playing around with the boat trying to eat the food that some guy was throwing in! Wasnt keen on getting into the water at that point!!

Eventually we sailed home to a glass of wine, cheese and crackers followed by fruit and cake! Yum! We had our free dinner at the hostel then having met a load of people on our boat we spent the evening drinking with our new friends! Day off tomorrow so looking forward to sleeping in finally!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb