Road Trip Weeks Two & Three


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
May 25th 2008
Published: May 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The last two weeks of our road trip through the Outback took us from Alice Springs north to Kathrine (a few hundred kilometers south of Darwin, but still in what is considered the Top End), then west to the Kimberley's in Western Australia (thus we've now been to all of the states except Tasmania and the Capital Region), back to Katherine and further north to Kakadu National Park (the largest National Park in Australia), back down to Kathrine and then we headed East. We drove through the Queensland Outback and eventually arrived at the East Coast (Townsville to be exact). From Townsville we headed north along the coast to Cairns.

The Outback looks pretty similar in each state, but it was a nice drive nonetheless. However, I'm happy to be back on the East Coast since I'm an ocean-lover at heart. This Saturday I've book to go on a Great Barrier Reef day trip and am really excited about it. The tour includes about 4.5 hours on the reef including, snorkeling, glass bottom boat tours, marine presentations, touch pools, and a submarine-like boat tour. I bought a water-proof camera just for the occassion (not digital, so you'll have to wait and see those pics once I return!).

After this weekend in Cairns, we're planning to slowly tour the East Coast back down to Sydney over the next 2.5 weeks until we return the car. There's lots to see and I want to spend lots of time on/by/in the ocean!


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Facial Hair ExperimentationFacial Hair Experimentation
Facial Hair Experimentation

There were 4 stages of experimentation - sorry I only got a photo of this one!
Full SignFull Sign
Full Sign

We saw a few of these signs and laughed every time. The first time I saw it and mentioned it, we had to turn around because Jason couldn't believe that there would be a no porno sign. But... LOL!


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0661s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb