Botanical Gardens and Leah's Place


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
December 22nd 2007
Published: December 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Evan walking along the boardwalkEvan walking along the boardwalkEvan walking along the boardwalk

The whole place is like this
Strolling through the Botanical Gardens of Edge Hill makes you look deep inside of yourself and ask, "Why is there no water fountain? It's so hot! Why don't they put a swimming pool somewhere?!" Though, finally once your body has been satisfied and it's thirst is quenched, its a beautiful place to gaze upon rainforest and wildlife.
Our second last day in Cairns was spent quite organized. First we efficiently woke up late, then we very independantly walked into Edghill to buy pies. After completing the task, we took a long overdue, well-deserved rest infront of the television/computer screen. We timed our naps perfectly in time for our slow, well paced walk through the botanical gardens. You see, we had a later night than planned the previous night and our young bodies are yearning for some us-time. After the walk, which by the way we took many efficient rests to catch our breaths during, we headed home to pack our bags and prepare for the next morning. We timetabled everything correctly and it only took us till midnight when we finally fell fast asleep infront of the tv...which we were watching the best of Will Ferrell SNL on.
As for the house we've been staying in for the past week, we've posted some pictures of us around the house. Leah lives just outside of downtown Cairns and within easy driving distance of pretty much everywhere. The city of Cairns is much larger than we had first believed, and it is a very touristy town, filled with souvenir shops, restaurants and hotels. We were living in Leah's basement where her daughter Nicki usually tends to spend her spare time. We were very surprised and well i guess you could say pleased to discover they had a full entertainment centre and pool at their disposal. We had a fantastic time staying with them and we thank them again for letting us into their home.
Still here, Watts and Hoag


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Bamboo TreesBamboo Trees
Bamboo Trees

Largest Grass in the world
Chris on the computerChris on the computer
Chris on the computer

Many have been emailed from this computer
VerandahVerandah
Verandah

So cozy
Swimming poolSwimming pool
Swimming pool

So good to get a cool down


Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 55; dbt: 0.068s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb