Well hello there Cairns!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
December 15th 2007
Published: December 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yeah!
After landing in Cairns at 4.35am in the morning, we were fortunate for our bags to come off pretty much straight away.

We were suprised to find the shuttle bus counter still open and even more pleasantly suprised to find we got a free transfer to our hostel - all's looking good so far!

We arrived at about 5.30am and straight off to our bunk beds we went - trouble was after staying up for so long we were over tired and it took me ages to finally get to sleep!

At 12.00pm midday we dragged ourselves out of bed and into the city centre to try and organise our trip down south. Everyone has told us to shop around as you get better deals but after going into 4 or 5 tour offices they all seemed to offer the same thing.

Big John in Cairns told us about an agency called Peter Pans that the more you book in a package, the cheaper it is so we thought we'd give it a try and are soooo glad we did!

The consultant was called Rachel and as soon as we warned her we had a bit of a challenging trip down to Sydney for New Year and had no idea where we were gonna be for Xmas, she rolled her sleeves up and jumped right in. We were with her for about 3 hours but she's done an amazing job - WE LOVE HER!

I won't list our full iternary here and bore you all to death, will just let you read it day by day but basically she has booked loads of stuff for us - right through to Fiji aswell! And the Greyhound coach that takes us down to Sydney was sooo cheap - 310 dollars, about 130 pounds!

After booking all our stuff our heads were just in a bit of a haze so we grabbed some food and a pint (think we deserved it for remaining to stay awake!) then just had a wander around the city.

First observations of Cairns is that I really like it, the people just seem so chilled out, the city is quite big but also small enough to feel you can navigate around quite easily, plus they have this big massive open air swimming pool right next to the sea called the Esplanade, or 'Lagoon' because of it's shape - it just looks amazing.

So after our long long long day, it was of to bed at our new home, Caravella's, ready for our first adventure in Queensland tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb