Cairns Part 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
March 13th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a night celebrating our success in the Magnums table quiz we were back on the ferry to Townsville and shortly after that on a bus back to Cairns. The journey back up was fine and we were soon back in the hostel.

Pat and some of the other regulars from our previous visits decided to give us a proper send off. First though we treated ourselves to that very Australian delicacy - Kangaroo steaks from Woolworths. They were delicious if we do say so ourselves.

After a few drinks on the fire escape, we headed to the local Irish Pub (Although there seems an endless number of them in Cairns) - P.J O Briens. Something tells me P.J hasn't been running this chain for quite a while as it doesn't feel exactly Irish. That night they had a hilarious event called Pole Idol (Like Pop Idol only different). It basically involved drunk people trying to dance around a pole.

Appalling dancing aside we met lots of people in the pub that night including the trips first and only Preston North End fan kitted out in the jersey for authenticity. Anyway after a great night and after taking about two hours to cover the hundred yards back to the hostel we were soon sleeping like babies in our cots.

Next Stop Brisbane...





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Pole IdolPole Idol
Pole Idol

In P.J O'Briens


Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1163s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb