Last day in Cairns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Cairns » Cairns City
February 18th 2018
Published: February 18th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today was our last free day in Cairns. Last night we did a pub crawl with our contiki gang. Before we left, we had dinner at Gillagans with friends.... and then then the power went out and guess who was stuck in the elevator for 15 minutes. Morgan. Of course it would be the girl with claustrophobia stuck in an elevator lol. All the sudden I get a text message saying ‘Help’. It was pretty scary talking to on the phone with the Gilligans workers not assisting. Apparently it is a liability issue. Anyway, all was out and Morgan broke free. She was ready for a drink after that haha.
This morning, Morgan and I got to explore a local food market called Rusty’s. We got to see fruit we have never seen before. A Jack fruit is huge by the way. All the while we were sampling all the local fruit. I think we can both agree the mangos were amazing.
We just got back from a white water rafting excursion on the Barron river through the Barron rainforest. Unfortunately they wouldn’t let me bring my go pro. It was gorgeous rafting before huge mountains!
Tomorrow, we are leaving at 6am to go sailing the WhitSunday islands for 2 days. We will literally be on a boat for 2 days. That means no showering and no AC on a sailboat with 20 other people. Could be fun! Apparently WhitSunday islands are supposed to be absolutely gorgeous.
Hopefully we can talk later tonight, your morning as we won’t have WiFi. Love you


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb