Bundy Undies!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
March 26th 2006
Published: April 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My New Best FriendMy New Best FriendMy New Best Friend

This stuff is ace
Distillery Here We Come! We headed in to the quiet town for the bus....20 minutes later, with no sign of this elusive bus, we realised it was Sunday...the place kinda didnt function on a Sunday. So...no busses. We returned to the hostel to be informed that all was not lost. We would be able to get a lift by the hostel staff. We did the 2pm tour and saw the molasses store....huge vats of the stuff that smell like treacle and we were allowed a taste. Then on the the good stuff. The Rum!! Smelling the barrels of rum was amazing. The store had $80000 worth of rum in it!
Then on to the tasting! We tried the Royal Liquer and the 'Dark and Stormy' premix. the liquer was like chocolatey coffee rum and was yummy. Neat over ice was perfect. None of the sickly heavyness of baileys. 'Dark and Stormy'is Rum and Bundy Ginger beer. really nice fresh, warming yummy stuff!!
Our visit to the gift shop inevitably resulted in purchases. The shop contained every item of bundy merchandise imaginable including Bundaberg knickers! or Bundy Undies as we quaintly put it! I bought a small red bundaberg skirt...very cheerleaderesque!!
Sara and I thoroughly enjoyed the rum experience and as a final farewell the crazy guy from the hostel challenged us to down a bundy and coke...too easy mate! We obviously suceeded and impressed him and about 80 visiting policeman (there for a footie tournament) Got onn the bus feeling all warm and Rummy inside and slept like a baby!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb