the plans


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
June 30th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have only a week to go before we leave Bundaberg to do the Aussie dream of travelling around forever???We have spent the last 2 years planning this trip and now were about to start this adventurer.We have just used up 3 months long service travelling to Melbourne down the coast road and back through central N.S.W. and parts of southern central Queensland just to make sure we have everything we need.Needless to say we came back to Bundaberg with a shopping list of need to get items and a throw this out attitude of things we dont need to have.So we set off in a week with a 15ft.caravan,twincab Holden Rodeo 3lt. Turbo diesel and a 11ft.tinny on top of the ute.Lets see how this adventure unfolds.We have no real set plans on where to head when we leave here,but at the moment were leaning towards going out towards Mitchell,mainly we haven't been out that way and its to stay away from the coast,as this time of year it inundated wirh southerners.That about as close as we have come to a plan.

We have been on the road for 2 weeks.We set out from bundy at 9.30 Friday 10th July at went across through Biggenden to Ban Ban Springs at set up for the night in our first roadside free camp.We were soon joined by 2 other couples and spent time chatting about their travels.we left about 8.30 the next morning and travelled to Kumbia,which also has free camping,including showers&power for a donation.We spent 2 nights here again socializing with the other 6 vanners also there.Onto Chincillar Weir for 3 nights,which also has free power.Would'nt recommend the water for anything but for flushing the loo.

Next move was to Dulucca Pub which again has all the freebies and a great 3 couse meal for $9.95.

Moved a whole 40kms. the next day to Walumbilla showgrounds,with all the freebies.Spent 3 nights there and even went to the local western concert at the local hall,cost $2.The next night we had a camp fire singalong with one of the performers who was also travelling back down to Victoria.We meet a great group of people here and even exchanged contacts for future visits.So we are now at Mitchell and again a free camp,only fresh water and toilets here,but set on the side of the Weir just 2kms out of town.

So far we have only outlayed for fuel,food and donated for facilities were asked to,so the cost is kept to the minimal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb