Bundaberg


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Bundaberg
March 16th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived early in Bundaberg and it was not looking good as we had to wait for anything to open for 2 hours!! We found a hostel called the Cell Block so we decided to stay there. It was very funny as we literally slept in a cell with bed covers that said cell mate haha. We also had our first tv which was great!! We explored the pretty town which looked like we had gone back in time! We visited the free Zoo (always good!) and visited an art museum which displayed aboriginal art.

In the evening we went to Mon Repos Turtle Santuary where we got to see 104 baby turtle hatchlings appear from their nest in the sand and we got to hold them. A few lucky individuals including Neil were picked to stand in the middle and shine their torches to guide the turtles to sea as they climbed all over his feet!! We were also lucky to see another nest of turtles. The sky was amazing it was full of stars as the only light was a few torches!!

We only stayed in Bundaberg one evening but we were so glad that we stopped there as the experience was one to remember!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb