Camping in Mt. Tambourine


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
August 12th 2006
Published: August 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This was our 2nd camping trip to Mt. Tambourine. To see how we did in 2004, go here: http://www.kookaburrablue.com/itchy-feet/Mt-Tamborine.html

This year we again had a wonderful time. One glitch in the plan is that to remember: Do not have such a good time camping, as you may end up not going to the fancy dinner the next day! lol! We got to Mt Tambourine and set up camp, had snags and onions, beer, smores, and roasted marsh-mellows. Our lantern was leaking and it ate up the wick (or we used it up and didn’t replace it, which was more like it), so we had no lamp but used our torches.

We had a fantastic time and it was nice weather…not too cold, but it was crisp at 4:30 when we walked to the loo (toilet). We had the blow-up mattresses in our tent, and put a blanket on top which we slept on, then opened up the swag for our cover….TOASTY!!! We also left one of our windows open with the screen so we could see the stars and full-moon and let night air in. The only problem I had (Michael slept like a log) was that I kept rolling over to him and falling between the mattresses! lol! Well now we know next time we will have a full-size mattress and a better lantern. Other than that we had a great time and said we’d try to do this once a month. We woke at 4:30 with a whole forest full of laughing kookaburras! What a noise they can make and it’s the BEST noise you ever hear in Australia! I only wish I could transplant my whole family to Australia. After we had coffee and cooked eggs and bacon, we loaded up and then showered.

We left the mountain and stopped at some markets. I bought a beautiful (very heavy) picture of a koala which was made out of caster plaster. We then went to have lunch and rest…got a coffee and were getting so tired from our ‘wild’ night and decided that Michael would call to reschedule our special dinner for next Sunday, because we figured we’d enjoy it much more then when we weren’t so tired. I found out that it was on the Gold Coast (where we backpacked in 99) and we now only live a 1-hr drive to get home from there, but dinner wasn’t until 7pm….we might have wrecked or something, so we rescheduled it and came home by 5:30. Gave us time to unpack and we were STILL tired for the next few days!

Who says you go camping to R-E-L-A-X??? It was great fun, even so we have plans again to go camping in 2-weeks time...up on the Sunshine Coast this time! Watch this blog for more adventures and come see where our itchy feet will take us next! (I'll be updating this and trying to catch it up soon!) Enjoy! (photos coming soon!)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb