Citizens!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
January 26th 2013
Published: March 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

It is now officialIt is now officialIt is now official

True Aussies.
It is now official, Sebastian and Dominic are now Australian Citizens.

A ceremony was held at the Brisbane Convention Centre with hundreds of people all making their pledge to Australia. It was a colourful and happy occasion where we listened to the Australian Girls Choir, watched a traditional Aboriginal dance and song, followed by The Lord Mayor and local councillors talk about an Australia of many Nations. The Royal marine band on the other hand was not so good, especially after playing for 75 minutes whilst we waited for everyone to register and enter the great hall!!

So many people each with their own story to tell and reasons for making this commintment. Our story and journey was just one of many, who would have thought our lives could have changed so much and our destinies become an open canvas! We may even track down a distant relative, Reg Brown who came to Australia a century ago?!

A Murphy Motto has been that "Life is not a dress rehearsal, and happiness is made and not found" Lets see where it now takes us.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

The Final Salute!The Final Salute!
The Final Salute!

Paper raining down on everyone.


Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb