Long Weekend for Queens Birthday- Thursday Night/Friday


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 28th 2012
Published: October 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The exams are finally over and I am so ready to have a good weekend. We get a four day weekend because it is a public holiday so Thursday night after the marine exam the whole group went out to this place called the Vic in downtown Brisbane. It was a bar/club and absolutely crowed. M hair went crazy as soon as I stepped inside. It was a lot of fun hanging out with the group though after a stressful week of studying. The next day I went with Colleen, Leah, and Ciera to The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. It was amazing. The place was full of all kinds of Australian native animals we say a platypus, wombats, dingoes, Tasmanian devils, and of course tons of koalas and kangaroos. The koalas were everywhere and I even got to hold one, which was amazing. When we went to see the kangaroo you walked into this huge meadow like thing and there were about thirty kangaroos just lounging around, some sleeping, some eating, and other hopping about. We were able to feed them. They were not fazed by the presence of humans at all and would eat right out of your hand. I got so many pictures with kangaroos it was kind of ridiculous, but it will probably never happen to me again so I took advantage of the situation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb