Fireworks and Fathers day.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
September 11th 2011
Published: September 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

What better way than to celebrate Father' Day the night before watching the fireworks at River Fire along the banks of the Brisbane River followed by a bbq. The night sky was very clear and the crowds had gathered along the cliffs at Kangaroo Point so we decided to climb down the cliffs to the picnic space below and managed to find a fantastic spot offering views both sides of the river, looking up to the Story Bridge and then down to South Bank.
Needless to say we were not disappointed and enjoyed 25 minutes of spectacular explosions of colour and noise that lit up the sky, silhouetting the skyscrapers along the CBD.

The next morning we all drove down to Point Danger for coffee looking out across to Surfers Paradise and where Kevin opened gifts and cards in acknowledgement of Father's Day (Aussie dates!)

It was high tide when we arrived at the beach so we headed off for a walk up to the top of the headland where we sat and watched some humpback whales jump and thrash their tails on the horizon.

In true Aussie style we cooked steaks on the barbie and enjoyed a relaxing meal sitting in the sunshine. We even managed a champagne toast for Dominic's birthday before the boys went for a swim and a body surf in the sea. A lovely family day altogether.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb