Queensland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Brisbane
May 19th 2006
Published: May 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday 17. Sixteen flags (300x500mil) arrived from my printer in Perth. Spruiking excellent along real estate row in Coolongatta. Shower for 40 cents at Banora pool. That was nice. Later drove to Fingal point. Echidna rocks (forget the ancient word). Watched birds hunt, skimming waves. Were they osprey? Couldn't see the attack for the swells. In park more birds. The ubiquitous rainbow lorikeet, a pied something or other and a tan bird with subtle markings.
Thur 18. Two new tires. Surf always up in Twin Towns. Slid into Surfers. Stopped at flag shop. "Southern Cross and Boomerang" to fly from The Flag Shop on Gold Coast Highway from tomorrow. That's exposure! Article in paper yet to appear - happening but. Eight lanes to Brisbane through rollng suburbia. I veered off to catch the vibe. Green and growy. Lovely plant variety, rainbow included.
Fri 19. Thrown off the Brisball, Brisbane mall. Shame on government through sheer mindlessness. Some will see self interest at work. The powerfull, the politicians crushing dissent. Oh, and I was ordered off the QUT, should I say King QUT? A corporatist mentality pervedes government. Hardly a problem in good times. The virtue of free spech is that its all the time but. Filling out forms and appealing to authorities to exercise my citizenality is inimical to social well being. Everyone knows this. The ones I talk to are being ordered about. This fellow quoted the year of the legislation (1981) as if to justify it. Following orders.
Brisbane is a lovely city set in rolling countryside tropical. I lobbed in to Spring Hill after a 6:30 morning blast from Beenleigh. Three lanes full. And after a morning in the lobby of the Courier Mail given tea and reading fresh papers as the workforce streamed in. This contact proved fruitful as Josie rang me at QUT. I was under guard at the time. She interviewed me and said she'd do it without the picture, just the sticker. Sounded great - just the flag. Strolled along the riverbank. Bunya trees. Showered at pool - hot. Lightly cloudy day sublime.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb